Personal data policy
Through the course of its activities, Business Digest collects and manages personal data from its subscribers, including those who have signed up for the newsletter and ordinary visitors to its website.
The main business of our company is the publication of magazines, sold by subscription. We do not collect or sell sensitive data.
As such, there is no requirement to nominate a Data Protection Officer. Nevertheless, we strive to take all necessary measures to ensure the best possible protection of your personal data.
All data of a personal nature are protected under personal data protection regulations included in the provisions of the modified Law # 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to information technology, computer files, and freedom, as well as EU Directive 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council dated April 27, 2016 (GDPR), hereafter referred to communally as “Regulations”.
Data processing controller
The Data Processing Controller is Business Digest, a company with a capital of €38,113, whose head offices are located at 10, Villa Alexandre Ribot – 75019 Paris, France, registered with the Paris Chamber of Trade and Commerce # B 384 152 971, and whose legal representative is Françoise Tollet.
As the controller of data processing, Business Digest undertakes to abide fully by all applicable regulations regarding the protection of personal data.
Any requests or questions relating to this document or to exercising your data protection rights may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the head office.
The purpose of collected data
When you use our website, we may collect and process your personal data, in a computerized way or not, on a consensual basis for precise and clearly stated purposes:
- Connection or browsing data
When you connect to our website from a desktop or mobile terminal, we collect data as stated in our Cookies Management Policy.
- Form-based identification data:
When you fill out a form such as a contact form or requesting a free report.
- Newsletter-based identification data:
When you sign up to receive our newsletters.
- Data included in a contract:
When you subscribe to the publication. When your employer signs up to group subscription contract under which they provide us with your identification or email address.
- When you visit the website https://business-digest.eu/
The nature and origin of data collected
Such data may include:
– First name, surname
– Company, position
– Address: town, zip code, country
– Telephone, email address
– Connection information: IP address and the kind of device used
– Payment information (SEPA, bank card details): Be it understood that we do not store bank details. Our payment service-provider, Stripe, stores them in an encrypted form for the sole and unique purpose of renewing subscriptions.
– Your interaction with our customer services department
– Your newsletter subscription
– Data gathered automatically when you visit https://business-digest.eu, particularly through cookies and other usual methods
We do not collect any sensitive data about you (such as your ethnic origins, your political, religious, or philosophical opinions or beliefs, whether you have a criminal record, your sexual preferences, or your state of health etc.).
Access to information
Data about you are processed by Business Digest, its in-house services, and its technical service-providers with the purpose of meeting your requests.
Together we take the necessary steps for the safety and integrity of your data.
Our sub-contractors are themselves subject to heightened personal data security, protection, and confidentiality requirements. Under no circumstances will we sell, lease, or divulge your personal data to any other entity without your agreement.
The data are not transferred outside of the European Union. If that were to be the case, we would make sure we obtained appropriate guarantees, such as invoking data protection clauses of the kind adopted by the European Commission, to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
Your personal data may, however, be given to an authorized third party (namely the police or legal authorities), in accordance with applicable laws, should such entities submit a formal request in cases such as fraud and prevention of fraud on the website (anti-fraud services).
Your data will be held for as long as necessary for the aforementioned purposes and for a maximum period of 3 (three) years after any contact with you, or after your subscription runs out, or services connecting us to your employer come to an end.
This length of time was chosen based on the aforementioned purposes. The aim is for us to be able to fulfill our legal obligations and enable us to inform you of any significant change in our offer for a reasonable period. It is in line with the retention periods adopted by major daily newspapers and magazines.
Subject to current regulatory limitations, you have several rights over the processing of your personal data:
- The right to be informed about the use of your personal data,
- The right to access personal data we have about you,
- The right to request that any incorrect, incomplete, vague, or outdated personal data be corrected (you can also do this yourself by going to the “my space” section if you have a subscription),
- The right to request that Business Digest delete your personal data or cease to process it under certain circumstances,
- The right to withdraw consent to receive information from us and to oppose the processing of your data. In each of our emails or other electronic communications, whether regular or a special, you will find an “unsubscribe” link.
You may exercise your rights by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Writing to BUSINESS DIGEST at 10 Villa Alexandre Ribot, 75019 Paris, France.
We may need to confirm your identity to process your request. We will make every effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe.