Turn the unexpected into opportunity
Companies of all sizes have converted the unpredictability of our current era into an opportunity to innovate. Here’s how they created their own luck.
Certain businesses have been able to use the unexpected to unleash creativity, ingenuity, and innovation. They created their own “smart luck” by connecting dots in unexpected ways. For example, DAKA, an Austrian snow cannon factory, began producing disinfection cannons for large open spaces.
Here are 6 steps to help you spread serendipity – the ability to stumble across something unexpectedly and make the most of it:
- Steer and unite your employees, while remaining ready for the unexpected.
- Reframe a situation – and its possibilities – differently.
- See the unexpected as an opportunity, and make the most of it to reshape the corporate culture, creating an innovation culture at all levels of your company.
- Place bets by giving free rein to ideas and innovation projects suggested by employees in the field.
- Take steps to spot the unexpected and transform it into innovations for your business.
- Cultivate the feeling of belonging and socialization, especially when employees are working remotely.
by Christian Busch (World Economic Forum Covid Action Platform, July 2020).
© Copyright Business Digest - All rights reserved