Mental ecology expert Gaël Allain joins our advisory committee!
Gaël Allain is a doctor of cognitive psychology and the scientific director of My Mental Energy Pro, an app designed to help you avoid mental overload and boost your creativity and mental efficiency.* He is a researcher with the Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) and an expert for the Association for Progress in Management (APM). Gaël is also a two-time author: Penser mieux, travailler moins (Eyrolles, January 2013) and Je retiens ce que je veux, quand je veux ! (Eyrolles, April 2016). He is currently working on his third book, which will explore timely aspects of mental ecology such as, notably, digital overload.
In Gaël’s words, his mission is “to help people use their brains better at work!” His simple, pragmatic approach involves quantifying the cost of interruptions and supporting teams (knowledge workers and /or more technical, operational teams) in the co-construction of more “mentally ecological” ways of working that, ultimately, help everyone gain peace of mind, enhance performance, and reduce the risk of human error.
We are thrilled to be able to call on Gaël’s extensive knowledge of the critical research and trends in his field of mental ecology – a subject that only continues to become more and more relevant for decision-makers in today’s fast-moving digital landscape!
*Business Digest is a partner of My Mental Energy Pro (MMEP).
What is on Gaël Allain’s desk?
3 topics that Gaël is currently researching
1. Concentration, the gold of tomorrow? How to regain control in a world where we are constantly pushed to collaborate and manage information flows
2. How to optimize work spaces to enhance intellectual performance and peace of mind
3. How to manage digital overload and mental ecology in general
3 books that Gaël recommends:
1. Le cerveau funambule : Comprendre et apprivoiser son attention grâce aux neurosciences by Jean-Philippe Lachaux (Odile Jacob, 2015)
2. Petites expériences extra-sensorielles by Richard Wiseman (Editions Dunod, 2012)
3. Chatouilles et autres petits tracas neurologiques by Laurent Vercueil (Editions Belin, 2017)
3 thought leaders that Gaël follows:
1. Stanislas Dehaene
2. APM, Association Progrès du Management
3. GERME, le réseau de progrès des managers
[highlight_box text=”The app My Mental Energy Pro® offers short exercises with immediate benefits and can be combined with in-company workshops and conferences. Easy and quick to set up for numerous workers, the app has also been translated into several languages, which makes it adaptable to companies of all sizes. Here at Business Digest, our whole team is using it!” img=”https://business-digest.eu:443/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/webapp-phoneetcasque-gb-1.png”]
© Copyright Business Digest - All rights reserved