Beverly Edwards joins Business Digest’s advisory committee!
We are delighted to announce a new addition to our advisory committee: Beverly Edwards, Chief Operating Officer, First Transit.
Beverly Edwards has over 30 years of experience in the transportation industry. She began her career as a high school student, when she began working evenings and weekends at her uncle’s company, Colonial Transit. Beverly stayed with the company through multiple mergers as it became First Transit, a division of FirstGroup, with more than 300 operations across North America. Beverly rose through the ranks to area VP of Operations, then senior VP of Operations and, since September 2017, Chief Operating Officer. Over her years of dedicated leadership at First Transit, Beverly has developed an impressive expertise in operational excellence and, more recently, in the “transportation revolution” that is currently transforming its business thanks to evolving technologies.
Please join us in wishing Beverly a warm welcome!
What’s on Beverly’s desk at the moment?
3 challenges that Beverly is currently tackling at First Transit include:
1. How to standardize the sharing of best practices across the Group
2. How to standardize safety standards and protocols across the Group
3. How to integrate more data analysis and human-centric focus into recruitment and on-boarding across the Group
3 subjects that currently hold Beverly’s attention:
1. Impacts over the next 5-10 years of evolving technologies in the transportation industry, such as autonomous vehicles
2. On-the-job learning and development
3. Business model innovation
Beverly is currently reading:
The Upstarts: How Uber, Airbnb, and the Killer Companies of the New Silicon Valley Are Changing the World, by Brad Stone (Little, Brown and Company, January 2017)