Join us in welcoming digital marketing expert Kristine de Valck !
We are delighted to announce that a new member has joined Business Digest’s advisory committee: Kristine de Valck, Associate Professor of Marketing at HEC Paris.
With her expertise on the Internet in general and social media in particular, Kristine lends an important voice to the debate of our editorial strategy, helping to ensure that Business Digest presents cutting-edge, relevant information on digital marketing to our readers.
Kristine earned her PhD at RSM Erasmus University in 2005, writing her doctoral dissertation on knowledge and friendship networks in virtual communities of consumption. Since then, her research and teaching have continued to focus on how the Internet is changing consumer behaviors and the marketplace.
Her work has been published in peer-reviewed journals such as the British Journal of Management; Decision Support Systems; Journal of Interactive Marketing; Journal of Marketing; Journal of Marketing Research; and Psychology & Marketing.
Kristine has won multiple awards for her research, including the prestigious “Citations of Excellence Award 2013” for her dissertation-based article, which is among the 50 most-cited publications of the 13,000 articles published that year in the world’s top international academic journals.
At HEC Paris, Kristine has developed numerous courses on digital marketing. In connection with her courses, she collaborates regularly with major companies, including Canson, Disneyland Paris, ETAM, Hammerson, Faurecia, Renault, SFR, Undiz and Yahoo!
To learn more, please follow the link to her HEC Paris faculty bio:http://www.hec.fr/Faculte-Recherche/Membres-de-la-faculte/DE-VALCK-Kristine
Please join us in wishing Kristine a warm welcome!
What is on Kristine’s desk at the moment?
Three topics that Kristine is currently researching include:
1. Social networks that combine both personal and professional contacts and the implications for presentation strategies and collaboration
2. Toxic behaviors on the Internet
3. What consumers focus on when reading online reviews
Three books that Kristine recommends:
1. Everything by Sherry Turkle! Her most recent book is called Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age (Penguin Press, 2015)
2. This is why we can’t have nice things: Mapping the relationship between online trolling and mainstream culture by Whitney Phillips (MIT Press, 2015)
3. Netnography Redefined by Robert Kozinets (Sage, 2015)
Three thought leaders that Kristine follows:
1. Christine Balague – Marketing Professor at Institute Mines Telecom: @balague
2. John Deighton – Marketing Professor at Harvard: @HBSmktg
3. Institute for the Future: : @iftf